The SEND Information and Advice Service provided by The Rose Road Association aims to empower children and young people with special educational needs/disabilities and their parents/carers to make informed decisions about education, health and social care.
We provide a broad range of factual and impartial information about SEN and disability including:
- Local policy and practice.
- The Local Offer.
- Personalisation and Personal Budgets.
- Law on SEN and disability, health and social care, through suitably independently trained staff.
- Advice for children, young people and parents on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation.
- Information on the local authority’s processes for resolving disagreements, its complaints procedures and means of redress.
- Individual casework, representation and support in preparing for and attending meetings.
- Help in filling in forms and writing letters/reports.
- Support on exclusions.
- Support in resolving disagreements, including mediation and tribunals.
- Signposting to local or national sources of advice, information and support.
- Links to local parent support groups and forums.